Saturday 20 August 2011

Feeling Blue

Today I feel  bit 'out of sorts'. I can't quite out my finger on it and therefore am finding it difficult to explain to you or to my family.

I don't so much a feel achy, my body isn't so much as hurting, just a bit heavy, which for me isn't so bad.

However, my mind is heavy, it's like my batteries have run out. I can't be bothered to do anything today (and there is plenty that I should be doing).

I was listening to a Johnny Mathis cd and it envoked memories which I can't quite put my finger on, but I have a general feeling of Sundays, peace and quiet, grandparents, cocktail cabinets.

I think that I've kept going too long this week as I've worked hard, I've been away all week and we have had to entertain some VIP quests. Along with this there were some problems at home which I couldn't help with and I have been quite worried about.

Now, I find that today work has finished and I'm holiday next week, and things have settled down at home which means that my mind has crashed.

I feel quite blue, not sorry for myself, just exhausted in my mind. I find myself feeling thankful for all the good things in my life.

My husband and kids, my family, my house, our finances, my job, my holiday next week, I'm very lucky in lots of respects.

These blue feelings will be short lived I know. Tomorrow I will probably be up and pottering around again, rather than lying in bed, typing my blog, and veging out.

It'll pass, it'll pass, it'll pass.

Tomorrow's another day.

Stay well

Dee

"The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible" - Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback