Saturday 10 September 2011

Lucky stars.

This week I have thanked my lucky stars over and over again.

As we remember 10 years ago, and I see the headlines every day of sadness and suffering of others, my selfish complaints pale into insignificance.

I was driving home on Friday listening to Jeremy Vine on radio 2 whose guest remembered interviewing a lady whose husband was trapped in the second tower and how they talked on the telephone until the line went dead when the tower collapsed. It made me cry.

I've had a run of bad luck over the past two weeks, car trouble, kid trouble, a robbery, work problems add in the FM and you could describe it as heavy (!).

However, let's get perspective, it could be soooooo much worse.

I'm lucky in that I have a wonderful husband, 3 great kids who aren't any trouble (they're just normal kids), I have a lovely house, a great job, fantastic family and money's ok. Except for the FM we're all healthy, what more do I need?

Some people would give an arm and a leg to have what I've got!

I'm grateful for my lot, and even my FM is manageable so nothing's gonna get me down anymore.

It's not bad luck I've had these last couple of weeks it's good luck; think what could have happened!

Stay well.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback